Aquatic COVID-19 Protocol
Swim Covid-19 Policies
According to the CDC, there is currently no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through water in pools. To ensure a safe environment around our pools please adhere to the following protocols at Cedarland Aquatic Center host to all junior and adult aquatic programs.
- When entering and exiting the Cedarland facility, a mask is REQUIRED by all swimmers and staff. While taking part in a swim lesson, clinic or class a mask is not required.
- Private swim groups up to 4 swimmers per lane.
- Swim Team no more than 3 swimmers per lane.
- Junior swim clinics no more than 2 swimmers per lane.
- Adult Swim Workout no more than 2 swimmers per lane.
- Adult Water Aerobics no more than 2 per lane.
- All participants are asked to arrive no more than 15 minutes before the start of a lesson, program or class and depart the facility within 15 minutes of completion of the lesson, program or class.
- Registration is required. Payment is required at the time of registration. Credit card only.
- Registration is accepted through Member Portal or Cedardale App.
- If you do not have an existing account with Cedardale please complete this FORM and we will contact you to arrange payment and complete your registration.
- Adult Swim workout and Water Aerobics require registration.Registration starts 24 hours in advance of class/workout. Members only.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet is required for all individuals outside of a household group and applies to deck areas, bathrooms, locker rooms, and wading areas. No one should congregate in the water, locker rooms or on the pool deck.
- After your lesson/program you must exit the pool.
- Because of limited use of our locker rooms, we ask that you come dressed in your bathing suit under your clothes. Showers will be available for a cleansing shower prior to using the pool. Restrooms will be available for use.
- All participants are required to bring their own cap, goggles and swim aids. (We only allow arm bands and bubbles in our pools, absolutely NO Puddle jumpers). We will be selling arm bands and bubbles at our FitShop located at Cedardale Health and Fitness as well as our front desk located at the Cedarland Aquatic Center. We recommend purchasing these well before your first class.
- Swim Team participants need to bring their own filled water bottle.
- When entering the facility, please keep 6’ physical distance throughout the Aquatic Center in route to the pool. Masks are required by all.
- Hand sanitizer will be located on sight for use when entering and exiting the space.
- Users should abide by physical distancing standards for bathroom lines and maintain 6’ of distance in all restroom facilities.
- All Cedardale Employees are required to check in at the front desk for a temperature check and screening.
- A First Aid kit will be available at the front desk and in the bubble.
- All swim instructors are responsible for maintaining social distancing among swimmers, Swimming lessons that require contact are allowed. Prolonged close contact should be minimized to the extent it is possible and safe to do so.
- All Athletes/Swim instructors are discouraged from high fives, fist bumps, or other social contact during swim lessons/clinics/team practice.
- Swim Instructors are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing noodles, kickboards, and any other equipment used during each lesson.
- Swim Instructors are prepared to enforce our Member Code of Conduct that includes all COVID-19 protocol.
JUNIOR LESSON/CLINIC VIEWING PROTOCOL
- In compliance with the Massachusetts’ Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs safety and operating standards only one parent, chaperone, or spectator is allowed per swimmer.
- All non members who wish to view their swimmer, must have a profile set up in our computer system and must check in at our front desk upon entering the facility.
- Individuals viewing must wear a mask at all times while inside the building/bubble
- All spectators must maintain 6 feet of social distancing at all times.
- Hand sanitizer will be available when entering the facility and is also located around the facility.
Please adhere to signage on personal hygiene and for Self Certifying by answering the following questions before coming to the club:
- Do I have a fever?
- Do I have any symptoms related to COVID-19?
- Have I been in close contact with anyone with COVID-19?
- If a Healthcare Worker or First Responder have I had close contact with anyone with COVID-19 without PPE?
- Have I been asked to self-quarantine by a doctor or local public health official?
- If yes to any of the above please do not come to Main Club or Aquatic Center.
- Parents are responsible for screening children